Sunday, December 30, 2007
I have been a bit absent these last few weeks and I apologize.
Seeing as I started the blog in Feb I have a least a year's worth of reflecting to do.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? Went to Tuscon, San Diego, Jamaica and St. Lucia, Got married!, started teaching, started a blog, became and aunt!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I can't remember if I made any but I am sure I did not keep them if I did. This year the only resolution I am making is to be content with all the wonderful things that God has seen fit to give me.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Hell yes! My sister-in-law Lisa gave birth to Sofia Vincenza March 29, my sister-in-law Evie to Greyson, my friend Dawn to Jacob Zachary, my friend Bert to Liam Francis, my friend Amara to Jenna, my friend James' wife Kerrie to Finn, my friend Annie to Caleb Steven, my friend Sean's wife, Elise to Maggie, my ex-GU roommate Rogerwene to Catherine Lily, my friend Laura to Bennet, my ex-Alexandria roommate Eleanor to Reese Aida and most recently my sister-in-law Michelle to Hannah Caroline on Dec 24. It's raining babies!
4. Did anyone close to you die? My mom's friend Mrs. Emma a few weeks after our wedding. We just got our wedding video and it is great to see her dancing and having fun.
5. What countries did you visit? St. Lucia and Jamaica
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? A baby! A Master's Degree.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? March 29 - the birth of my niece, Sept 22 - my wedding day.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Quitting a job that I did not like and finding one that I loved! oh yeah and getting married :-)
9. What was your biggest failure? Gaining 20lbs after my wedding :-(
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I was just diagnosed with high blood pressure and put on meds...other than that nothing thank goodness!
11. What was the best thing you bought? My wedding dress
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My sister-in-law Lisa for giving birth to the most beautiful baby ever! And Bono for the continued inspiration to create clean water projects in Africa.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Our prez...can we get a new one already?
14. Where did most of your money go? Our wedding and tuition for grad school
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My niece's birth and my wedding!
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? This is hard. Probably our wedding song - I Belong to You by Eros Ramazzotti and Anastacia
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
(a) way happier (b) um, yeah way fatter (c) poorer...I quit my well paying office job to teach but am so much the better for it!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercise
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Eating
20. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas Eve working at La Locanda - Christmas Day with my parents.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007? Yes, with my niece
22. What was your favorite TV program? Oooh, tough one. It's a tie between Lost and Project Runway
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate is such a strong word...I guess I hate the person that invented Pizza...cause it's sooooo goooood.
24. What was the best book you read? A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini - The runner up - The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Hope "Who am I to say" is an amazing song!
26. What did you want and get? A baby niece!!!
27. What did you want and not get? A smaller waist line
28. What was your favorite film of this year? We really don't go to the movies...but we liked 300.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 34 and I was in class that night so I didn't do anything. Dan took me to dinner later that week.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not much - it was a pretty great year!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Please let this fit me!!
32. What kept you sane? As always...the music of U2
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Daniel Craig. I never thought I would say this but he is better than Pierce - who knew?
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Clean water is a basic human right.
35. Who did you miss? My Suppa Club girls!
36. Who was the best new person you met? Barb & Suzanne, the teachers in my classroom
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007. No matter how bleak life seems, there is always someone who is worse off than you - so get over it!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "In dreams begin responsibilities" - U2, Acrobat
So how did the rest of you fair this year?
Felice Anno Nuovo!!! See you all in 2008!
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Monday, December 17, 2007
I had my last Toddler Talk class on Tuesday - the kids were so cute - and I got gifts!!! My first as a teacher - so exciting! Toddler Talk starts up again Jan 22 so I will try to post some of our crafts for your entertainment pleasure - it was something that I wanted to do all along but never got around to photographing the final products we made.
Sofia went to see Santa yesterday - she was enthralled by him and could not tear her eyes away...
She is so cute!!! She is coming over in a little bit so her mommy and I can check out the new Steve and Barry's - aka Best. Store. Ever. which just opened up in my neighborhood. We are talking walking distance people - this could be a problem.
Other than that I am working at La Locanda and trying to get our house in order. We painted the office/den yesterday - finally - so things are coming together a little bit at a time.
I hope everyone is having a happy and healthy holiday season!
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Sunday, December 02, 2007
She is the best and brightest little student - look how intently she is listening to her Zia explain about the importance of good footwear. She is going to be the smartest girl in her class.
I spent the cold and snowy! day writing a paper so I have no news to tell. I did go to the doctor for a physical last week only to find out that I have very high blood pressure and was immediately put on medication...sheesh...another thing to add to my list of aches and pains. Getting old SUCKS!
One last thing - congrats to my friends Roberta and Mark who had a beautiful bouncing baby boy, William Francis, this morning at 11:40am. Liam is 6 lbs, 5 oz and 20 inches long. Both mom and baby are fine and Auntie P cannot wait to see them tomorrow! So many little boys - my friends Dawn and Mike welcomed Jacob Zachary into the world last week as well...sigh...I want one too!!!
Buona Notte ragazzi!
Monday, November 26, 2007
We spent Thanksgiving (and the weekend) in Altoona, PA with the in laws. It was alot of fun and 9 of Dan's 15 siblings were there with their sig others, kids and spouses. Since the in laws do not have a TV (oh the horror!) we spend alot of time eating my MIL's delicious cooking, playing board games, playing Yahtzee on the laptop (which we brought) and reading. We even ventured out to the mall on Black Friday just to stretch our legs a bit.
On the way back from Altoona we stopped in Mechanicsburg, PA to visit with another of Dan's siblings and his 5 kids (one on the way). Then that night we stopped by his oldest sister's house where we enjoyed another turkey dinner and a great visit with the rest of the siblings - only the oldest brother was missing - or else we would have seen them all at some point during the holiday. It gets tricky when you are one of 16 children...
Last night we had dinner at my mom's and I finally got to see Princess Sofia who has HER FIRST TOOTH!!! YAY!!! Her first toof is breaking through and it makes her adorable smile unbearably cute. She has learned to clap hands when we sing her the Italian folk song Batti Batti Le Mannine (clap, clap your little hands). Between the toof and the clapping I almost lost it - she is soooooo cute!
And so I leave you with another adorable pic of the princess! Buona notte!
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Saturday, November 17, 2007
There is no better feeling then seeing you and the ones you love look so beautiful on such an important day.
I cannot wait to get my album!
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
I was cleaning out some drawers yesterday and I came across some funny pictures of me and my brother from when we were little. I don't have a scanner so these pics of pics will have to do.
Me and my brother on the day of my first Holy Communion. Look at how tiny my brother is! Note the 3 piece suit. It is crazy that he has a little baby himself!
Thursday, November 08, 2007
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. Yellow mustard is my enemy. I hate hate hate it more than anything on earth. If you don't believe me try eating something with yellow mustard in it in my vicinity and see what I do.
2. There is an exception to the above fact. McDonald's cheeseburgers. And this is only because I can't really see the mustard in there.
3. I love to go to Urban Outfitters in different cities and see if I can find jeans on sale. So far I have gotten awesome jeans at the Urban Outfitters on the Upper West Side in Manhattan, Tuscon, San Fransisco, Washington DC (Gallery Place) and Philadelphia (Rittenhouse Square). I have never paid more than $19.99 for a pair of these jeans. The ones I found in San Fran were only $9.99 when the cashier rang them up. Score!!!
4. The first night I met my husband he asked me to dance and I turned him down (we were at a wedding). A little while later he asked me to dance again and I turned him down a second time. At the end of the night he asked me to dance one last time and I said yes...we have been together ever since.
5. My first crush was on a little Indian boy named Sam. He was five. I was four. His family moved back to India and it broke my heart. I refused to go to nursery school for a week because Sam was not there to ride the bus with me.
6. I spent my second birthday in the hospital having major surgery on my bladder. The nurses brought me a b-day cake and all sang happy birthday to me.
Lisa and Anthony
Tag! You are it!
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
You know you want to buy the little baby in your life one just like it. All proceeds go to building clean water projects in Africa so click on the link above and get yourself a shirt!
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Sigh, the ADD is not getting any better. What is worse, my house is in shambles, I am not sleeping at all, I have not been working out. All because I am in denial over a paper. I seriously need to get over myself.
The bright spot in my day was reading Brown Bear, Brown Bear what do you see? by Bill Martine and Eric Carle and then creating brown fuzzy bears with tissue paper today in Toddler Talk. My life is pathetic.
Off to see if I can make some headway before I leave for the restaurant.
A better post later this week - I promise.
Thursday, November 01, 2007
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Sofia reads her Halloween book - Mouse's first Halloween - already a good reader - Zia Paola is so proud!
Happy Halloween everyone!!! Be safe and eat lots of yummy candy!!!
Monday, October 29, 2007
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
My beautiful Jr Bridesmaids - Juliet and Olivia
My sister in law, Lisa. My best friend Melissa
My sister-in-law Michelle and her sons Ben and Adam. Michelle's sister Suzie (who also happens to be my good friend) and her son Trotman.
Monday, October 22, 2007
I have no idea what has gotten into me lately. I thought the unability to focus was due to the stress of my wedding...but here I am - married one month already (yikes! has it been a month) and I am still in a mental fog.
The first month of marriage has been great. I think that fact that we lived together before hand was a huge help - we have been able to settle back in nicely without the stress of trying to merge households and figure out each others habits. I highly recommend it (as long as you are not morally opposed to it).
I got some more pictures back from the wedding...here are a few...
My beautiful Zia Rosina
It was so amazing to have all of my friends come from near and far (Cathy lives in France, Kathy just got back from Pakistan, Jer lives in Las Vegas). I am so glad that I was able to celebrate with all of them near. I hope they had fun.
As you can see from this post I am all over the board with my thoughts. I guess I should try and get some stuff done.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
The view from our room - a wedding taking place in the gazebo
The Paradise Pool - one of two pools on the property - this was the quiet relaxing one without the pulsating music.
Ok, that is it for now. I am exhausted and have to still take a shower before I hit the hay. More to come this week.
Buona Notte e Sogni D'oro, amici miei.