Thanks to the ever amazing sognatrice for the idea of doing a me me to wrap up the New Year.
I have been a bit absent these last few weeks and I apologize.
Seeing as I started the blog in Feb I have a least a year's worth of reflecting to do.
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? Went to Tuscon, San Diego, Jamaica and St. Lucia, Got married!, started teaching, started a blog, became and aunt!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I can't remember if I made any but I am sure I did not keep them if I did. This year the only resolution I am making is to be content with all the wonderful things that God has seen fit to give me.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Hell yes! My sister-in-law Lisa gave birth to Sofia Vincenza March 29, my sister-in-law Evie to Greyson, my friend Dawn to Jacob Zachary, my friend Bert to Liam Francis, my friend Amara to Jenna, my friend James' wife Kerrie to Finn, my friend Annie to Caleb Steven, my friend Sean's wife, Elise to Maggie, my ex-GU roommate Rogerwene to Catherine Lily, my friend Laura to Bennet, my ex-Alexandria roommate Eleanor to Reese Aida and most recently my sister-in-law Michelle to Hannah Caroline on Dec 24. It's raining babies!
4. Did anyone close to you die? My mom's friend Mrs. Emma a few weeks after our wedding. We just got our wedding video and it is great to see her dancing and having fun.
5. What countries did you visit? St. Lucia and Jamaica
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? A baby! A Master's Degree.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? March 29 - the birth of my niece, Sept 22 - my wedding day.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Quitting a job that I did not like and finding one that I loved! oh yeah and getting married :-)
9. What was your biggest failure? Gaining 20lbs after my wedding :-(
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I was just diagnosed with high blood pressure and put on meds...other than that nothing thank goodness!
11. What was the best thing you bought? My wedding dress
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My sister-in-law Lisa for giving birth to the most beautiful baby ever! And Bono for the continued inspiration to create clean water projects in Africa.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Our prez...can we get a new one already?
14. Where did most of your money go? Our wedding and tuition for grad school
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My niece's birth and my wedding!
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? This is hard. Probably our wedding song - I Belong to You by Eros Ramazzotti and Anastacia
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
(a) way happier (b) um, yeah way fatter (c) poorer...I quit my well paying office job to teach but am so much the better for it!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercise
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Eating
20. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas Eve working at La Locanda - Christmas Day with my parents.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007? Yes, with my niece
22. What was your favorite TV program? Oooh, tough one. It's a tie between Lost and Project Runway
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate is such a strong word...I guess I hate the person that invented Pizza...cause it's sooooo goooood.
24. What was the best book you read? A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini - The runner up - The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Hope "Who am I to say" is an amazing song!
26. What did you want and get? A baby niece!!!
27. What did you want and not get? A smaller waist line
28. What was your favorite film of this year? We really don't go to the movies...but we liked 300.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 34 and I was in class that night so I didn't do anything. Dan took me to dinner later that week.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not much - it was a pretty great year!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Please let this fit me!!
32. What kept you sane? As always...the music of U2
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Daniel Craig. I never thought I would say this but he is better than Pierce - who knew?
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Clean water is a basic human right.
35. Who did you miss? My Suppa Club girls!
36. Who was the best new person you met? Barb & Suzanne, the teachers in my classroom
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007. No matter how bleak life seems, there is always someone who is worse off than you - so get over it!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "In dreams begin responsibilities" - U2, Acrobat
So how did the rest of you fair this year?
Felice Anno Nuovo!!! See you all in 2008!