Monday, July 30, 2007

Update on my friend Jen

I just got off the phone with Joey. I knew that Jen was having surgery last week but I didn't want to be a bother. Jen is doing ok. In June they resected her colon and removed the original tumor. Last Tuesday they went in to resect her liver. They had to remove about 85% of it - the tumor was the size of a small basketball. Luckily Jen has enough of her liver left to have it function ok when she gets better. There was a small problem with a clot but as of today she is doing well and looking forward to eating - which is a good sign. She is in pain but her spirits are good. She got to see her baby, Rocco yesterday so that was the best painkiller of all. Joey has set up a blog chronicling what he calls Jen's "Adventure." To read more about what is going on with her click here.
I am asking all of your to keep Jen and her family in your prayers again. Remember life is short so don't sweat the small stuff.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I will be praying for her ;)