Friday, July 06, 2007

8 fun facts

I have been tagged by my good friend and fellow blogger Kit.

The Rules are: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Fact 1: Yellow Mustard is my nemesis.

Depending on how well you know me, you already know that I abhor French's Yellow Mustard. Like completely and totally hate it. If I am at a Phillies game, and someone sits behind me with a pretzel with yellow mustard on it, I will get up and move away until he has finished eating it. My fear runs that deep. If, God forbid, I should ever actually get yellow mustard on my skin I cannot be held accountable for what happens next. I have no no idea why I feel this way towards a condiment but I do.

Fact 2: I failed my permit test for my drivers license the first time I took it because I did not have my glasses. In my defense, I had just started wearing them and was not used to having them with me at all times. My dad, who worked in the car industry at the time, had bought me a used Audi which he was going to surprise me with when I got home from getting my permit. Except that I didn't get my permit so my mom had to find a phone (pre-cell phones) and call my dad to tell him to get the car out of the driveway because I failed my test. Luckily for me I re-took it a few weeks later and passed. Thank goodness.

Fact 3: I used to have a speech impediment a la Elmer Fudd. Thanks to many hours of intensive speech therapy I was able to overcome mixing up my w's and my r's - unless I get really, really drunk and am super tired. Then it comes out.

Fact 4: I have a secret love for Hall and Oates. I am not sure if I can justify this except that when I was a young girl Hall and Oates Live was always on HBO and I must have watched it a millions times. Daryl Hall has one sexy voice. I will totally understand if you don't want to be friends with me any more.

Fact 5: My first pet was a bunny named Buttercup. He was an awesome bunny. My Uncle Italo built Buttercup a two-level townhouse in our back yard - it was orange and black. We had to take out the top level because Buttercup kept pooping up there and there was no way to clean it - the bottom floor was made out of mesh wiring so the poop would drop down into a pan. In the winter we added a "bedroom" with straw to keep him warm. We would let Buttercup out during the day and he would hop around our yard - at about 7pm he would hop down to the bottom of our driveway to wait for my dad to come home from work. When my dad would drive up the drive way Buttercup would follow him. He was a smart rabbit. Buttercup lived for about 5/6 years and died one snowy winter morning. My dad broke the news. I was sad but Buttercup had a good run. We would have buried him but the ground was frozen. Lord knows what my parents did with Buttercup.

Fact 6: I failed my entire year abroad. So essentially I graduated from Georgetown in only 3 years. Luckily I had lots of AP credits and college credits from high school. Being a nerd in high school paid off in the end.

Fact 7: My most favorite painting of all time is the Madonna and Child with Angels by Filippo Lippi in the Uffizi in Florence.


I think she is the most beautiful Madonna in all of the Renaissance works out there. If you are ever in Florence you should go and see her. She is exquisite.

Fact 8: There is no way I am going to be able to find 8 friends to tag. The only other person I know that uses blogger is Kit and she tagged me. Oh well.

Happy Friday night!

1 comment:

Chickytava said...

The mustard fact made me laugh out loud, esp. moving your seat at Phillies games. Hahahahaha!