Monday, March 08, 2010

Catching Up

What a crazy night.  We went to La Locanda for my Dad's dinner party and I ended up having to leave because I felt like crap.  Mom took Simon home with her so I could sleep, lest I ended up vomiting all night, which thankfully I did not. 

I went for a run outside yesterday and I almost barfed up a lung.  That should have been my first clue that I was not feeling well but I chalked it up to not having been able to work out since before my trip to the Dominican (will post pictures next).  I definitely gained at least 5lbs during my vacation...many many Pina Coladas at happy hour will do that to you.  When I weighed in on Sat I was up 3.2lbs so I was able to lose some before the meeting.  I tried out a new meeting with my friend Dawn and I really liked it.  Sometimes it is good to shake things up and it is nice to have Dawn there to bounce ideas off of.  I really miss my old leader, Jess, but she switched to a different meeting too far away from KOP.  The person that replaced her was ok.  So I decided to try the Collegeville meeting and it was good.

I am not sure if I am going to be able to run a full 5k on April 17.  I am still going to sign up for it and try but I am still only running about 3 minutes at a time and no more than that.  But that is 3 min more than I could run in Jan so I am happy with that.  There are others walking this particular race so worst case I run and then walk the rest of the way.

I have to start doing some core training - the running is not going to be enough to help me reach my final weight goal by the end of the year.  I think I have a new incentive - if I reach my goal and maintain my weight for 6 weeks and make it to life time I am going to get one of my tattoos redesigned.  I have 2 that are old and fading that need to be touched up but I think that I might have one redesigned in honor of my son.  I have been thinking about it for a while so hopefully by the time I reach my goals I will have figured out what design I want and they will be able to do something over the existing tat I have.

OK, I have to get dressed and pic up Simon.  Pics of the Dominican to follow in the next post.  Ciao!

1 comment:

Dixiechick said...

There is no harm in having to walk some during your 5 k...just keep working on those run 3 minutes, then walk miles, before you know it, you will be able to run a full mile without stopping! Good luck!