Monday, September 17, 2007

5 more days

I apologize for being MIA - as you can imagine I am a complete nut job getting everything done for my impending nuptials. I picked up my dress yesterday and thankfully it fits perfectly. I did eat and entire pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream tonight so maybe that won't be the case in 5 days but I needed it. I promptly feel asleep afterwards, despite the fact that the Eagles are on Monday night football. Clearly I am exhausted.

I think the most stressful part is all the work I have to do for Cabrini. One of my professors is making me mail her all the work that I should have handed in while on my honeymoon. Seriously it is the LAST thing on my mind and I the caliber of my work is suffering. Oh well. I am looking forward to reading all the books for my Lit and Youth class while on my honeymoon. We are reading some amazing young adult literature. I just finished "The Giver" by Lois Lowry what an amazing book. I am now reading "Seedfolks" by Paul Fleischman. I wish we had such books when we were in 5,6,7,8 grade.

The bright spots in my week include the kids in my pre-school class. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them. The are the nicest and sweetest 3 year olds - I look forward to going to work for the first time, well, ever.

OK, off to do more lit circle summaries for my class. I may or may not blog again before St. Lucia. If we have Internet access I will try to post from there.

A bientot mes cheres.

1 comment:

A Novelist said...

Ohhh, I LOVE mint chocolate chip ice cream..heck, I love ice cream in general. A problem I may have if we get fitted and purchase my friend's bridesmaids dresses 12 months in advance. LOL.

I'm glad work is going well for you. It is wonderful having a job that you look forward to.

Good luck with everything! :)